Welcome back students and families! I am Jill Steiner, the school nurse for Hancock school. Parents often wonder whether or not their child is too sick to attend school. Here are some guidelines to follow when deciding whether or not to keep your child home.
Student shall be excluded from all school activities for the following reasons:
- If a student has a temperature above 100º F within the past 24 hours; in order to return to school they must be fever free for 24 hours.
- If a student has vomited in the past 24 hours.
- If a student has an active case of head lice.
- If a student has a contagious infection (ie. Pinkeye, impetigo, chicken pox, strep throat ,etc.) they must be excluded until they have received 24 hours of antibiotic treatment.
- If a student’s immunizations are not current.
Please feel free to contact me with any health questions or concerns at 320-392-5621. I look forward to all of us having a safe and healthy year at Hancock!