Hancock Public School uses the following assessment tools to ensure that its students are learning, and to provide direction for its curriculum development:
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAPS Test)
- FAST (Formative Assessment System for Teachers)
- The Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments-Series III (MCA-III)
- Reading Grades 3-8 & 10
- Math Grades 3-8 & 11
- Science Grades 5, 8, & 10
- IXL Math
- Grades K-6
Other components of the assessment program include:
- Performance Assessments
- Various classroom assessment tools
Test results can be used in a variety of ways throughout the school year. Some of these include:
- Assess curriculum effectiveness.
- Improve instruction.
- Measure student achievement.
- Indicators for student placement and student need.
- Indicators for more specific testing.
- College and career readiness indicators.
- Principal and teacher evaluation.
2022-23 Fastbridge Testing Schedule Fall – September 7th-8th for Pre-K-6th (open up to September 20th)
Will take 5-15 minutes and results will be given at Fall conferences
2022-23 ASVAB Testing Schedule Fall – Wed – 11th graders – It is from 8:30 to about 11:30. Results will be given at P/T Conferences
2022-23 ACT – Fall – October 18th – 12th grade – Will take 5 hours and results will be given 6-8 weeks after test
2022-23 ACT – Spring – April 4th – 11th grade – Will take 5 hours and results will be given 6-8 weeks after test
2022-23 – PSAT – Fall – October 12th – 11-12th grade
2021-2022 Winter/Spring Testing Schedule