Elementary Administrative Assistant (10 month) – Hancock Public School
Date Closing: Monday, October 26th
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, provide excellent customer service to students, parents, community members, and colleagues, experience working in an office is preferred. Exceptional organizational and communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively. Minimum of two-year postsecondary degree preferred (Administrative Assistant/Business). Successful background check required. Knowledge of GSuites (Google platform) preferred.
Principal and Superintendent
Excellent communication skills. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and technology in general. Ability to deal with challenging situations. Ability to multi-task is a must.
- Perform duties as School and administration receptionist.
- Carry out normal office functions for a school such as typing, filing and maintaining files.
- Operate computer and other office machines.
- Type programs and run copies.
- Check attendance periodically throughout the day on JMC, our student information system.
- Responsible for all student cumulative folders.
- Register incoming students.
- Give out medications to students when needed.
- Take over nurse duties when the nurse leaves the school.
- Send transcripts as requested.
- Send out report cards.
- Monitor, record and provide information to appropriate staff on a variety of student records such as attendance, report card information, class registration, school resources, testing information, class lists, student directory information, school pictures.
- Verify absences with parents.
- Distribute information to staff, students, and parents such as instructional materials and homework assignments.
- Greet and assist visitors, students, and staff.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Recruit and monitor work of students or volunteers.
- Maintain schedules of keys, lockers, rooms, equipment, parent conferences, supervisor, and/or teachers. Maintain inventory of supplies used, needed, or purchased. Orders supplies and ensures supplies are received.
- Coordinate special projects such as field trips and student registration. Prepare reports or gather information for reports.
- Other duties as assigned such as making coffee for meetings, making room arrangements, scheduling appointments and speakers, greeting and providing information to visitors, supervising students, assisting other department personnel, and other office related activities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, ability to write reports and correspondence, ability to speak effectively and interact positively with staff, students, parents, community and vendors.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Schedule and Hours:
August 1 – June 30
7:30 am – 4:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
Starting Hourly Salary:
Please contact Principal Tim Pahl if you have any questions.
email@example.com or 320-392-5621
High School/Upper level Special Education Paraprofessional
Conditions of Employment:
Work Days: Student contact days (172), plus additional days as assigned by administration.
Job Description: To support students’ academic and behavioral programming. This position is for 7.5 hours per day. Candidates must be willing to work collaboratively with other educators under the direction of a teacher. This position requires individuals to be caring, patient, and focused on achieving individual student goals. Other supervision duties such as lunch/recess may also be required.
The school district requires applicants for school district positions who receive an offer of employment to submit to a criminal history background check.
High School Degree
Ability to work with all students
Ability to work with staff and parents
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
For more info. call 320-392-5621, .
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can dropped off at the school.
Bus Driver Position Posting
Hancock School: Bus Driver AM and PM.
Requirements of a School Bus Driver:
- Good verbal communication skills
- At least 19 years old
- Class B Driver’s License w/o restrictions or violations.
- Be subject to a background check, drug screen & physical
Competitive wage. M-F; 9 months a year; approximately 4 hours/day.
Pick up an application in the District Office or print and return to: Superintendent Paul Carlson, Hancock Public School, 371 Hancock Ave, Hancock, MN 56244. Deadline: Until filled. EOE